BULL'S HIT

>> Sunday, August 5, 2007

Adventure of life
By BERNADETTE DURANO
(Guest columnist)

There are ups and downs in a person’s life. Sometimes you are in your comfort zone. Sometimes poverty knocks you down. You are always running at what the world offers like the latest craze and what is up with fashion. Some clamor fame and fortune or wanting everything material the heart desires.

When one is on top of the world, things are comfortable to enjoy. When one is down trying hard to go up, one is even mistaken as a social climber. Many are ambitious and have many aspirations in the world. Everyday, most struggle to cope up with the demands of the world.

The adventure trying to keep up with the things and ways of the world is tiring – running but not knowing where one is heading. Living in a society, one tries to cope with its standards like material things.

When one reaches a comfort zone, one says: “This is it! I am happy! This is life!” Then in the next instance, one is falling down. Nothing is stable. Yet we deal with so many people and things. When we search, we crave for things we do not know, for whom, what for or what. A void seems to be in the core of our being. Our hearts are restless for we cannot be contented. Nothing is permanent. We can never get consolation from the world. As long as we are living and running after the world, it would always be a very tiring voyage.

After my tiring adventure in the past, my soul went into another of life’s adventure. That is venturing and offering my life to God which made my soul more peaceful and secure. He filled the empty space of my soul. I feel comfortable adventuring with Him.

There may be concerns, but my top priority is Him, the One whom I deal with. Life has ups and downs but I feel safer with Him. He knows what is best and can do everything for me. The Son of God is there to care all my ups and downs.

Tiredness and exhaustion is not that much for life’s experience with Him is all out of love. Now I do not run but walk in my escapade of life hand in hand with Him in excitement. “In his goodness He gave me life and watched over my breathing with care” (Job 10:12). I always look forward for everyday to unfold. What could be the adventure again today with Him?

Much material concerns in the past made the adventure tiring. We must pattern our life with what Jesus said. “Go and be disciples. Carry nothing but your sandal and robe.” My soul’s wanderings in the past were very tiring carrying heavy loads in my heart of self desires and competition in life.

Now I find comfort adventuring in the life of Jesus Christ. I do not have grave concerns anymore. Not even to worry what tomorrow will bring. – food, shelter or clothing. Jesus said. “Look at the birds on the air. They just exist with God’s care. Cast your burden in Me and I will give you rest.” My soul finds rest every time I venture my life with Jesus who also ventures His life with mine all the time.

One concern is when Jesus said. “Come follow Me.” I must only trust Him to follow. There is nothing my soul should do but to be in obedience. His will is my peace. Life now is no longer tiring. I am always comfortable with my Holy Companion.

And I found Someone who gives me the providential provision. “God himself will provide everything I need according to His riches, and show his generosity in Jesus Christ.” (Philippians 4:19) My nothingness became everything. Jesus lovingly takes care and leads me in my adventure of life.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Web Statistics