New Ecija lawmaker faces poll protest

>> Tuesday, May 31, 2016


By Manny Galvez 

CABANATUAN CITY – Nueva Ecija Gov. Aurelio Umali will file an election protest against the newly elected congresswoman of the third district of the province, Rosanna Vergara.
Umali said Thursday he would file the case before the House of Representatives Electoral Tribunal, saying cheating and terrorism marred the elections in Nueva Ecija.
“I will avail myself of the legal remedies,” he said. I owe it to the people to report to them why I lost by 2,500 votes.”
Vergara is the wife of reelected Cabanatuan Mayor Julius Cesar Vergara.
She garnered 133,256 votes against Umali’s 130,677.

“She cannot deny that she resorted to vote buying. I can show the video,” Umali said.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Web Statistics