BULLS HIT

>> Tuesday, January 8, 2008

New Baguio ABC officials/ Paputok
RUDY GARCIA

Would this year 2008 be better for us pinoys? Would we feel the value of a strong peso? Last year, those sipsip people to Malacanang who pretended to be good economists claimed that we have already reached a stable strong peso and a better economy. Now, who believes them? You see, I myself cannot feel the value of the peso.

With four 500 peso bills in my wallet or a cool two thousand pesos, I went to a nearby grocery just across from my rented apartment along Kayang Street to buy for my family salo salo for New Years Eve. I had with me a list of what to buy, but upon looking at the prices, I knew I had to make some squeezing to come up with the budget I had on hand. Lucky, I was able to buy one piece each of hamon de bola and keso de bola which are my some of my favorites. If not then, I may have had to suffer the sharp stares of my son, like my body would melt like an ice as the year 2008 began.
You see, with that amount, you cannot even buy enough to fill your stomach on that special occasion. What with those prices that keep on going up like sky rockets by the second. We spend twice the amount of what we earn. Without any increase of income, how could these clowns at Malacanang say that we had a better economy and strong peso last year? Any ordinary Juan Dela Cruz like me will just shrug his shoulders and say agbibinnola tayo manen.

Well, I just hope that this year will be different, a better living condition for every Juan Dela Cruz and a better Baguio. Belated Happy New Year!
***
My congratulations goes to those lucky elected officials of the Liga ng mga barangay in Baguio City . The election was held last Dec. 29 at the Baguio multi purpose hall. Kudos also to the Department of Interior and Local Government for making the election clean, peaceful, fair and in order.

Proclaimed as new set of officers were: Joel Alangsab as president, Eva Marie Fianza, vice president and Carlos Asiatico as auditor. Elected board of directors were (arranged according to their votes) Virgilio Orca, Rocky Aliping, William Domogen, Benjamin Macadangdang, Michael Perez, Romualdo Ulatan Sr. Peter Busaing and Marvin Binay-an.

Just a little message to this new set of officers especially to its president elect who will be joining the city council: they should follow what they have sworn to do, follow the rules, laws, perform duties and responsibilities without any fear or favor, serve the people without reservations or unreasonable positions, no more of those too much politics.

Don’t let yourself be used by anyone for his or her personal interest, do good and good things will come to you in return. Never do undesirable acts for I have my bubwits who are just around the corner watching. Don’t do things that could be hazardous to your personal and political career, pray to our God Almighty that he will bless and guide you always in your undertakings as a leader. ***
WE don’t know if regional police officials know what their men are doing like what they did during the operation and seizure of firecrackers or pyrotechnics at prohibited trading areas in Baguio City particularly at the City Market Area last Dec. 30 and 31? Cops confiscated even firecrackers kept for personal use. I saw one in civilian clothes search the personal box of one of the vendors kept inside a bundle of clothes and get the little box with small rockets inside. The vendor said the small rockets were for their family use on the New Year’s eve the reason it was kept and was not displayed, However, that hulidap cop made a killing out of this vendor. I came to know later that the man is one among the operatives of a certain Coronel Franco at Camp Dangwa!

This was also in the same fashion that Insp. Mariano of the Baguio City Police special operations group did the confiscation and seizure of firecrackers and similar kinds at some prohibited trade areas in Baguio City last Dec. 30. Last Dec. 31, the city police SWAT team also did the same.
It is interesting to know however where all the confiscated items were taken. Maybe, the good Mayor Peter Rey Bautista, BCPO director Senior Supt. Moises Guevarra and regional police director Chief Supt. Eugene Martin could join hands in checking those items that were confiscated by the police. This is to erase from the minds of the public that those confiscated items were not recycled and the operation of the police was not hulidap. How about it your honors?

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Web Statistics