Where do you usually put your money?

>> Monday, September 2, 2013

THE GIRL NINJA
Liza Gaspar

There are so many choices on where to put our money.

There are options where our money is accessible 24/7 and there are choices where if we want to get access to our money, we need to wait for the property to be liquidated which can take anywhere from a day to few months.

The choice of where to put our money is an important decision in saving money.
                        **
Amanda Hocking is the perfect example of how a person’s tenacity and focus can do wonders in creating the future we envision for ourselves.

More than two years ago, Ms. Hocking was penniless and virtually unknown. Fast forward to today and she has now made several millions of dollars and sold millions more of her book. What’s more interesting? She sold all those books by herself, no publisher my friend.

For nine years, she didn’t give up. Writing is her passion. In spite of the countless rejection letters she received, she persevered and continued writing.

May we all have her dedication to pursue our own passions in life. I have included a link below to a book I found very helpful as a guide in pursuing the life I want for myself.
                        ***
There are people I admire, then there are people I want to emulate. Ken Spillman is one of them.
The man writes amazing children’s books, and he also talks sense. Listening to him during one of his talks for the 3rd Philippine International Literary Festival inspired me to be more focused on my passion as a motivational author (soon-to-be that is).

His advice to writers when he was talking about “Juices: Get Your Creativity Flowing” topic is “Be mindful. Be totally present in your work.”What I particularly love about his talk is what he said on being ourselves; that we only need to respond to the world as ourselves. This is not only true for writers, but for everyone.

Presenting to the world what others think of what and who you are is a source of stress for majority of people. Isn’t it much easier if we just be ourselves?

To Ken Spillman, thank you. Here’s to being myself, being creative and being human.

            ***

Brazilian Woman Auctions Virginity for $780,000 | TIME.com

Are you as speechless as I am?

I am not really quite sure how to react when I saw this very interesting news. Some said, “How is it different from prostitution?”

Others reacted to the charity angle, “How much is she keeping for herself? Really?”Me? I thought, “Who in his right mind would pay US$780,000 for that?”

A Japanese man it seems. Go figure that out.

Oh well! To each his and her own, I suppose.

As a wealth coach, I would say do anything you can to achieve your dreams. Just remember to act within your values.

If you are looking for ways to achieve your financial indepence dream, you don’t need to do something as drastic as this girl.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Web Statistics