BSU alumnus tops librarian licensure exam; CTE 2nd top performing school

>> Thursday, September 26, 2019


By JS Tabangcura

LA TRINIDAD, Benguet -- Daniel Jr S. Balbin, a Benguet State University graduate of Bachelor of Library and Information Science emerged first ranking examinee with a rating of 89.75 percent.
The College of Teacher Education (CTE) also ranked 2nd top performing school in the same exam with a passing rate of 91.18%.
Balbin led the BSU 2019 graduates as magna cum laude. Contrary to stereotypes about topnotcher students, Balbin is actually the kind that would mention Artekdotes (a Facebook page where people share personal narratives which is popular among the youth) in his college graduation valedictory speech and to liken graduation to the end of war because a new battlefield is yet to come for the graduates.
“I always give myself time to think, maybe breath,” he said. He advises his fellow students to allow themselves to have fun, to be adventurous and to not burn themselves out while studying.
“I think my course, library science, helped me organize my thoughts and my plans; one of the perks of being a library science student is reading a lot, knowing how to fix your stuff and when I was able to organize myself, I became more efficient in everything that I do,” Balbin said.
Balbin also gave special mention to the BSU library for providing books for students and for offering a space to breathe. 
“Lahat tayo kasama dito, this is not only for the college (CTE) but also for the University, the province and the region,” exclaimed BSU-CTE Dean, Dr. Imelda Parcasio.
Preparations for licensure exams are integrated into the CTE curriculum. The college also facilitates mock examinations and competency appraisals.
“Passing rates speak so much of the college’s performance and integrity. I am grateful sa hard work ng faculty and staff. Nag double time sila at tinutukan talaga ang mga bata,” she added.


0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Web Statistics